STANDARD DELIVERY- UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS
DELVERY CHARGES –For UK mainland to the customers who spend over £100 on non sale items we offer
next day FREE delivery.
For purchases of £70 or less and sale items we charge:-
• £3.95 recorded delivery (2-4 working days)
• £6.95 next working day delivery
• £12.50 Saturday delivery option
Orders received by 2.00pm Monday-Friday will normally be dispatched the same day. Orders received
after 2.00pm, will be sent the next working day.
A tracking number will be emailed to you when your order has been dispatched so you can follow it
and know the status of your order. A signature will be required so please ensure that someone is in to
accept your order, if you are not present a card will be left informing where to collect your parcel. If
there are any problems with your order that prevent us from dispatching it to you e.g. if it is currently
out of stock; we will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours of the receiving your order or as soon as
We will always do our best to follow our Delivery Policy but due to the fact deliveries are carried out by
a third party we are not in a position to thereafter guarantee delivery times.
Orders of £500 or over of non discounted items qualify for FREE DELIVERY outside the United Kingdom.
Orders less than £500 will be charged postage at the following rates:
• Within the EUROPEAN COMMUNITY (EU) £15
• Outside the EUROPEAN COMMUNITY (INTERNATIONAL) £22
If your order weighs more than 2kg then you will be charged for shipping regardless of your delivery
CUSTOMS, DUTIES AND TAX-FREE SHOPPING
Customs and duties on international shipments are not charged by us on any Sub Couture orders.
However whilst we do not expect you to be charged customs, duties or to have any extra charges
incurred with your order we do recommend that you check with your local post office or customs office
regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your order. If there are any additional
customs charges that are incurred during shipping, they are not the responsibility of or payable by Sub
VAT EXEMPTION – Our website will allow you to shop VAT FREE if you are exempt. VAT charges cannot
be calculated until checkout as whether or not VAT is payable is determined by the delivery and invoice
address. Eligibility for VAT exemption may be worked out on the following basis, but we recommend
that you check the position with your local tax office if you require further information or clarification:
• If either your delivery or invoice address is in the UK or EU, VAT will be charged.
• If both your delivery and invoice address are outside the EU, VAT will not be charged.
• If both your delivery and invoice address are in Jersey or Guernsey, VAT will not be charged.
Before you complete your order, your shopping basket will reflect eligibility for VAT. You will then
receive an order confirmation by email. If you feel you have been incorrectly charged VAT please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most of the time you will be fully satisfied with your purchases from us, but occasionally you may wish
to return certain items. If so, please read our returns policy below:
1. You can return some or all of your goods purchased from us and receive a refund if you follow this
(a) Log onto your customer account on our website within 14 working days of receipt of the goods
you wish to return. Go to the “My Account” page and select the items which you wish to return.
(b) When you have selected the item(s) you wish to return you will receive an email with a Returns
Form and Returns Authorisation Number (RAN).
(c)Within a week of the date of the email sent to you at (b) above, the goods must be returned with
the RAN number clearly displayed on the outside of the package. Send together with your completed
Returns Form to the following address: Sub Couture Returns Department, 204 Kensington Park Road,
Notting Hill, London W11 1NR
(d) We strongly advise all customers to thoroughly check garments on delivery before removing any of
the attached tags. All returned goods must be in their original condition: unworn with tags still attached
and in all original packaging. We cannot accept returns of non-faulty items if the goods have been worn
and/or their tags have been removed.
(e) We strongly recommend that you use a Recorded Delivery Service or a courier that will be able
to provide proof of delivery. All goods that are returned to us are your responsibility, not ours until
they are received by Sub Couture at the address at (c) above. Please ensure that you have adequate
insurance to cover loss or damage in transit and that you wrap the package safely and securely.
(f)In the case of swimwear and lingerie items, these can only be returned if unworn and if their hygiene
strips have not been removed whilst being tried on over underwear, unless faulty.
2. The time limits in this policy must be strictly adhered to. If the aforementioned procedure is not
followed we reserve the right to refuse returns.
3. Your statutory consumer rights under UK law still apply in the unlikely event that any goods we supply
to you are faulty at the point of sale. If you consider that an item purchased from us is faulty then you
must log on to your customer account and follow the returns procedure. If you have exceeded the time
limit for returning goods at (a) above please email email@example.com and we will contact you as
soon as possible within normal working hours.
4. Goods you claim are faulty will not be accepted as faulty by us in the following circumstances: (1)
damage after delivery; (2) items that have been worn and are subject to fair wear and tear only; (3)
items torn or handled incorrectly or negligently by you and (4) items washed or cleaned other than in
accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Costs of delivery will only be refunded if the goods are found and confirmed by us to be faulty.
6. We reserve the right to refuse returns if this returns policy is not followed.
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
7. Items purchased via this website cannot be exchanged. You must return the goods purchased from us
in accordance with this returns policy and you may then order a replacement item if you wish.
8. Before a refund is issued, all items must be returned in accordance with this returns policy. We
reserve our position in the case of faulty items as set out above.
9. As soon as we receive your returned item, we will process your refund within 24 hours, or as soon
practicable thereafter. If you are based outside mainland UK please be aware that any refund may take
a few days to reach you. Refunds to the original purchaser will be credited to their credit/debit card
excluding shipping. Sale taxes and international customs duties are non-refundable.
10. You can request a Sub Couture store credit voucher as an alternative to a credit/debit card refund.
This can be used against future purchases. When you complete the Returns Form please clearly indicate
if you require a refund or a store credit voucher.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER FROM WITHIN THE UK
11. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (DSRs) under UK law allow you
to cancel the contract for any purchased item within seven working days of receipt of the goods.
Cancellations of orders will not be accepted if they are not in their original condition as specified at
1(d) above. Please note the separate conditions relating to swimwear and lingerie at 1(f) above. If you
wish to return an item purchased from us, please follow this returns policy. Please also provide a full
explanation of why you are cancelling the item.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER FROM WITHIN THE EU
12. The DSRs also apply to customers whose permanent place of residence is in the EU. You have the
right to cancel your order, within 7 working days of receipt. If you wish to return an item purchased
from us, please follow this returns policy. Please also provide a full explanation of why you are cancelling
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER FROM OUTSIDE THE EU
13. Please follow this returns policy should you be permanently resident outside an EU member state
country. However, please note that whilst we will endeavour to process your return and/or refund
as promptly as possible, time limits may vary. Please also note that in no circumstances will we be
responsible for any delivery charges or duties.
As soon as we receive your returned item, we will process your refund within 24 hours and you can
expect to be refunded the purchase price of your item within 30 days.
14. We will do all we can to comply with the time limits set out in this policy, but time limits may in
exceptional circumstances be exceeded due to circumstances beyond our control. The Policy is not
contracted and maybe amended from time to time without notice.